Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Mom's Day Out

Maxsen has been going to a Mom's Day Out program at a local church for a few months now and he loves it. Around here we just call it school. I pack a lunch for him and I have to drag him out of bed to go there so I see this as a premonition of things to come when real school starts. His teachers names are Mrs. Marsha and Mrs. Andrea and when ever I say, "Max do you want to go to school today? " He yells, "MARSHA!!" with the utmost enthusiasm.  I Love it.  I even taught him to say Marsha, Marsha, Marsha, and then I felt like a total hypocrite being as that I am positive she probably hates that as much as I hate being sung to.  But just about anything is cute when a 1 year old says it (that's my story and I'm sticking to it).

Anyway, I always loved when my mom did things at school or made special things for the class or for my teachers and Mrs. MARSHA! and Mrs. Andrea are Max's very first "teachers" so we spent a couple days making something special for them. I of course saw the idea on the idea mecca of the world, Pinterest.

Max made thumbprint reindeer

Big box of Goldfish for the class



And judging from the stories Max's dad has told me about his school days, it won't hurt to start sucking up now.  Maybe I can get it perfected before Max really needs it ;)

2 comments:

  1. I really like the thumbprint ornament. Very special "touch".

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great ideas Roxanne! We are trying to figure out teacher gifts right now, too but hadn't thought of the class! That's a good idea :)

    ReplyDelete