Monday, December 26, 2011

Follow up to Cans for Comments

The deadline for commenting on my blog post has passed.  Thank you everyone who participated.  What an easy way to give by only taking a moment of your time.  I generated my first 3 followers (YAY!) and got 7 comments.  That makes for 13 total can goods to be donated, but that was still lower than the 15 minimum I had promised.  Instead of just adding the last 2 cans and calling it a day, I have decided to go ahead and donate the 13 generated from the blog and the additional 15, for a total of 28 cans!

Max and I went to a few stores and got cans, mostly because we were there anyway and secondly he was having meltdowns so we had to leave each store early and couldn't finish gathering our cans. Here is a pic of our haul



As mentioned in previous posts, I have a preference to which food pantry and second hand store I like to donate our stuff too.  This isn't for any reason other than my mom goes thrift shopping at this particular store weekly and we both see first hand the line at the food bank and the need for donated items there.  It is of course the Agape House in Pacific Mo. 

I wanted to get the cans out there before Christmas but we didn't make it, and then I thought about the old saying, "Hunger knows no season" so I figure any time is as good as any, so we will be headed out there sometime this week.  My plan is to get a picture of Maxsen donating the items and make sure we talk to him about this sort of thing and make it a frequent thing.  I would love to get him started early doing whatever he can to help others.

No comments:

Post a Comment