Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Meal Planning

I keep reading about how meal planning is key for many mommies and many mommies budgets so I feel it is something I should give the ole college try.  I'm not only doing this for the budget purpose but for the health aspect of it, we need to eat more whole foods around here and less pre made and processed foods.  We also need to eat more meals at home and not at restaurants which would work towards boths goals!  (GO US!) 

I'm not going to start off reading recipes and go to the grocery store and getting everything first though, I'm going to try something a little different.

My issue here is not only lack of ideas, it's that I buy a ton of stuff with the full intention of making some great masterpiece,  but then life with a toddler comes in and I'm either to tired or lazy to make it or I stare in the pantry like the little girl from Poltergeist waiting for something to jump out at me.  (It doesn't happen).  So right now I have a pretty well stocked pantry, just a pretty lazy attitude.  We have been spending money like crazy here sue to the new lake condo purchase (more on that later) and quite frankly we need to chill, or the money well (I wish) is gonna go dry.

My first week of meal planning started Monday.  I did go to the grocery store Sunday and got some fruits and veggies (because that is something we never have around here) and I am ready to roll. The goal is to make it to Friday through lunch (because all bets are off on the weekend baby!)  without having to go shopping or out to eat just using what we already have here.  Monday we had tacos and finished off a bag of cheese that was bound to go bad, Tuesday we had this chicken feta dish that a friend of mine posted on facebook.  I was excited about this one and it turned out ok, but I think I should have used the full fat feta for more flavor.  Maybe next time.   As for tonight I am making Chicken Tortilla Soup (that I found here )in the crockpot and I have to round up something for Thursday and Friday.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment