Thursday, November 17, 2011

Baby, it's getting cold outside

Took a small hiatus from blogging in order to enjoy the last months of summer but I'm going to make an effort to keep up with it. I'm committed!  In a previous post I made a Bucket List of things I wanted to do before Fall hit, let's see what I accomplished shall we:

1. Garage sale- I got this done and made some bucks.  I had the sale in October so the weather wasn't always the best but I had it on multiple days and it was totally worth it.  I made over $500 and got rid of so many things that I thought were trash!  What didn't sell went to the The Agape Help House in Pacific Mo.  This was a triple whammy, I cleaned out the basement, the shed and the garage in the process so this was a huge deal for me to get done.
Maxsens Contribution to the sale, a fit at the end of the driveway
















2. Kitchen walls painted, pin boards hung and blue strip of tile back splash painted- I got 5 of the 6 pin boards hung, the last one I decided I didn't like the color and didn't finish installing it.  I have, however, changed my mind and like the color again and it's back on my to do list.  Lets not talk about the other stuff.

3. Photo albums organized (yes, I still print my photos, I absolutely love looking at old photos of my family and if I ever have a girl, she may want to do this. I hear boys have no interest in photos)- This had not even crossed my mind until I just printed 300 more pictures so I would have an empty camera card for my sons baptism.  I will get to it eventually.

4. House power washed (I happen to like power washing stuff)-DONE!  However, I paid someone to do it.  After trying to power wash my deck many times this summer I decided it was worth the $250 to have someone else do it, and I was right.

5. Pillows made for the condo-So not done but I JUST found perfect pillows on Etsy that I will be buying soon.  I have been searching for pillows since July so I am super excited about this one!

6. Accessorize the condo with pics (it is a massive sea of brown right now, it needs some blue and yellow badly!)-Been waiting to see what I came up with for pillows before I decorate at all.  Working on this I promise

7. Make some of the yummy desserts I have found on Pinterest-I don't know that I made any desserts but I did make some Buffalo Chicken bites that I found there.  They were a total PITA to make and just OK tasting.  Hopefully the deserts will be better.

8. Make a cake from scratch-Nope


9. Come to terms with my current obsession with all things yellow-Don't know what the issue is with this, I still love yellow and can't wait to see the yellow walls in the finished kitchen!
The yellow in the middle is the one I love

No comments:

Post a Comment